Trump cancels trip to London, blames Obama administration

US President Donald Trump has acknowledged reports that his trip to London scheduled for early this year has been canceled and blamed the Obama administration for the decision.

In a tweet Friday morning, he cited the imminent relocation of the U.S. Embassy for the cancellation of his visit.

Reason I canceled my trip to London is that I am not a big fan of the Obama Administration having sold perhaps the best located and finest embassy in London for ‘peanuts,’ only to build a new one in an off location for 1.2 billion dollars. Bad deal. Wanted me to cut ribbon-NO!”

However, the embassy website “showed that the decision to move the location was taken months before Barack Obama took office in January 2009. The U.S. Embassy & Consulates in the UK said in October 2008  the embassy would be relocated for security reasons.”

White House Press Secretary, Sarah Sanders, had disputed a report in the Daily Mail that the trip had been cancelled.

Sanders said, “The invitation was made [by U.K.] and we accepted. We are still finalizing dates for the state visit.”

She didn’t specify exactly when the trip was to take place, and it hadn’t been announced in the United States.

Mr. Trump is the first person in the White House to publicly say the trip has been canceled.

 

You may also like...

Comment