Family of four killed by fire in Lagos
A family of four, simply identified as Eze’s family, living at No. 13, Buraimoh street, Bariga area of Lagos, has reportedly been killed by an overnight fire.
The Director of Lagos State Fire Service, Mr. Rasak Fadipe, confirmed the incident to the News Agency of Nigeria on Wednesday in Lagos.
According to him, the incident occurred at about 2.48 a.m. He said personnel of the service got to the scene of the incident as soon as they got information about the fire, but that due to the double burglary irons on the door and window of the apartment, they were unable to reach the victims in time.
“The apartment is a chemist store. The father, mother, and two children of ages five and eight were found dead inside the store.
“ We advise that although one needs security in his or her house or business place, it should not be to the detriment of the people.
“Members of the family should always know the exit of their apartment whenever there is an emergency,” the director said.
Some sources told NAN that the deceased woman was pregnant mother of the two children and that
the fire started after electricity supply was restored to the area.
Others believed that the fire could have been caused by candlelight.
May their souls rest in peace!